Wednesday, May 24, 2006

About other blogs.

Don’t get me wrong, though – I love blogging. I would’ve loved to tell you about my Bleach indulgences, my exams, and how I got water up my nose when I was drinking at the water fountain, only I sort of think that you all might not want to know.

Therefore I have nothing remotely interesting to post at the moment.

Xiaxue is steadily becoming a disappointment to me. Her earlier posts are very good, to the point of being extremely controversial (damn do I love controversy. You should have read that one where she wrote an impassioned post about how she was NEVER, EVER going to be a Christian after her Christian friend attempted to convert her. Although, being her, the whole thing was dissected and nitpicked to the ends that a Singaporean female can, it did have a hint of truth in it. And as a result, there were about 583 comments in the comment box) but the ones now are simply not up to the standards that she set herself some time back. Now, I understand the posts about herself. Being human, after all, it must have been nice to write about oneself for a change, as opposed to what other people want to see on your blog. It does get to you at times. But the ones I cannot tolerate are the ones where she insults products for being off-colour (in off-colour humour as well), people and basically things around her. And it’s not because she does it (personally, I think some of them may deserve it. No one’s THAT evil, to just diss people for fun. Or are they?) It’s because, more than once, she fails to put up solid reasoning to support her motives. Not even solid insults. Even a dose of racism would’ve been preferable compared to this. To just read and read and read (her posts are LONG. And pink. Which is okay if you like pink, but then again.) some rant about a guy who was fat, only to find that she ended her post without managing to convince me that the guy was the most unlikeable person in the universe, is disappointing for someone who was awarded ‘Best Blogger’ awards for three years running.

By the by, her writing may sound bimbotic, but she sure doesn’t sound like one. She posted an audio clip and it was totally unlike what I expected of a Singaporean. (No offence, Daniel or David. But then again, Daniel, you Singapore-bashing Singaporean, it probably won't matter to you. I'm only writing this because you are my blood cousin. Haha.) It’s just like kennysia. If you try and conjure up an image of what he sounds like based on what he wrote, you’d be surprised to find out that he is actually quite articulate. Very articulate, in fact.

So yeah, I am probably going to remove Xiaxue from my links. But she won’t notice – she has millions of other readers. And neither will you, dear reader. In fact, go read kennysia.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon!!! forgive me cz im reali kinda noob at all this bloggin crap.. but whoz xia xue?? but u reali gota giv her credit man.. shes got d jeeze 2 write a whole lot of SHIT.. about shit!!! i mean.. milk products?? road side rappers? -.-" oh btw.. jz on a side note.. her blog looks kinda like a reali "notty" website. if u get wat i mean ^^ ok la.. jz tryin 2 b consistant wt my spams at ur comments!!! =Pp

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ee May said...

Je n'ai pas su que tu as su le francais.

Hie anywayz. Finally you have a public blog. Lol!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Jokken said...

Haha. Thanks, Yinn, for your undying support. Noler, but I find her blog very tiring to read now. No offence.

To Ee May:Je pas , mais j'emploie ce bel emplacement appelé le dictionary.com/translator. Hehe. Quoi qu'il en soit, j'ai dû savoir la signification de RSVP.

10:19 AM  
Blogger zhao said...

passing by.... ^_^ btw suan ee..if you happen to see this, i'm so sory for not wishing you on your bday...so much exam stress...

i hope this will make it up a little.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! *big big hug*

10:37 AM  
Blogger quicksilverlining said...

i hate the express terminals. you have to press each individual key one at each friggin time. gah.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home